The benefits to relaxing and taking a break are mind boggling. Research has shown that regularly taking a break and enjoying the moment has amazing health benefits when practiced regularly. Some of the benefits include strengthening the immune system, lowering blood pressure, lowering fatigue, lowering your heart rates, eliminating stress and so much more. With the July 4th holiday coming up this week in the USA and Canada day on July 1st, I wanted to offer some ideas on relaxing that you could incorporate into your lives this week.
5 Tips to Relaunch Relaxation in Your Life
- Breathe “Responsibly” – Sure, breathing is an unconscious act but breathing on purpose has huge benefits. Taking deep breaths help oxygenate your blood, relieves tension, helps to deal with pain, detoxifies and releases toxins and so much more. One way that I have found that helps me the most is to practice meditation daily. It helps me clear out the clutter in my mind and enjoy the moment. Plan to schedule time to breathe deeply or meditate daily.
- Visualize Often – Taking time to visualize what you desire is one of the key ingredients to success. It often provides me clarity when I am searching for an answer. I will visualize the end outcome I want and a lot of times I get a new, great idea that I can implement to make it happen. Take deep, slow breaths and enjoy the visualization knowing you are planting seeds of life’s coming attractions!
- Disconnect from the Grid – I learned this lesson when on a short vacation a couple of months ago. I did not bring my computer and chose to stay off my phone for several days. I can tell you that I haven’t been that relaxed in ages. If you feel it is necessary to keep up with social media, work emails, etc., just plan a set time to do this and walk away when you are done. Constantly checking your mobile device can actually cause tension and frustration. Turn off your phone, set it away from your hands reach or put it on silent and enjoy the moment. Take a few deep breaths and
- Naturally Nature – One of my favorite things to do is to go outside and enjoy nature. No plans, just observe. Sometimes I like to take my camera and take photos of the beauty around me and it always feels refreshing. Remember to breathe in the peace and tranquility of nature and exhale stress and negativity.
- Practice Kindness – I realize that this one might seem like a stretch for relaxation but what I am talking about here is to practice a random kind deed and immediately after, soak in the goodness of the moment. Breathe in kindness and exhale unkindness and negativity. You can even participate in the Give A Little Love Kindness Challenge going on right now!
Enjoy your day and your week. Practice at least 2 to 3 of the tips above and take note how well you feel after each one. Make it a daily routine and enjoy it. Don’t waste time making it a “to do” but rather enjoy the moment each time you practice the tips.
With peace and gratitude,